Frequently Asked Questions

Rental Terms

How much does it cost to rent a food truck?

We offer daily, month-to-month, and 6-month lease terms.

You can find the prices for these terms on any of our food truck rental pages.

Is a security deposit required to rent a food trailer?

Yes. The security deposit is $3,000 and is refunded if the trailer is returned clean and in the same condition it was received.

Are the trailers warrantied?

Yes. Our daily rental includes a 4 day limited warranty, and our monthly rentals include a 30 day limited warranty. Outside of the warranty, maintenance and repairs are the responsibility of the tenant.

What about permits?

Things such as mobile vendor permits and health inspection reports are not assigned or transferred to the physical food truck. They are assigned to the business operating the truck. As such, you are responsible for obtaining any necessary permits and licenses required for your project.

Are your terms flexible?

Contact us and let us know your needs. We'll talk!

What do I need to reserve and lease a food trailer?

To reserve a trailer we need:

  • A signed lease
  • The security deposit
  • A copy of your drivers license

Before picking up your trailer we need all of the above and:

How far in advance can I reserve a food trailer?

Daily rentals may only be booked a maximum of 30 days in advance.

Monthly or longer leases may be booked up to 1 year in advance.

Can I cancel or reschedule my reservation?

Yes! If you would like to cancel your reservation or we are unable to reschedule your reservation (due to scheduling conflicts with other clients) there is a $500 cancellation fee that comes out of your security deposit. The remainder of your security deposit is returned to you, and your lease is voided.

What are the insurance requirements to lease a food truck?

We require lessees to carry insurance to protect themselves and us from the risks inherent in commercial cooking.

The following are the minimum levels of insurance required, with deductible limits not to exceed one thousand dollars ($1,000.00) per occurrence:

  1. Comprehensive general liability insurance insuring against liability for bodily injury and property damage with a minimum limit of one million dollars ($1,000,000.00) combined single limit per occurrence
  2. Comprehensive automobile liability insurance insuring against liability for bodily injury and property damage with minimum limits of (A) one million dollars ($1,000,000.00) combined single limit per occurrence; or (B) one million dollars ($1,000,000.00) for bodily injury per occurrence and two hundred fifty dollars ($250,000) for property damage per occurrence
  3. Physical damage insurance insuring against loss or damage to the Trailer and Equipment in an amount not less than $30,000

"Big Deal Food Trucks" should be named as an additional insured.

If you need assistance making sure you meet these insurance requirements we recommend talking to your insurance broker. If needed, we recommend Insure My Food by Paprocki Insurance Agency or Gosselin Insurance Agency.

General Questions

Do you deliver the trailers?

We currently do not offer delivery or pickup. But we may be able to recommend a towing service for you.

What areas do you service?

Based in Austin, we service all of central Texas, and beyond! Just let us know where you need service.

What is the difference between a "food truck" and a "food trailer?"

The terms "food truck" and a "food trailer" are often used interchangeably. However, technically a "food truck" is a vehicle that can be driven and a "food trailer" is a trailer that must be pulled by another vehicle, such as a pickup truck.

Will your food trailers pass the mobile vendor health inspection in my city?

Our mobile kitchens have a history of passing mobile vendor health inspections in Travis and Hays County. However, because every city is a little different, please consult your local health department's regulations and requirements.

Do you offer lease-to-own?

Occasionally we do! Please ask us about the possibility of lease-to-own.

Can I wrap the trailer? Also, what's a "wrap?"

A "wrap" is a large vinyl decal that is applied directly over a vehicles paint. It has the benefits of being non-permanent and gentle on the original paint.

You are welcome to professionally wrap our trucks and trailers, so long as the wrap does not damage the truck and is removed before the end of your lease.

Want to lease a trailer? Shoot us a message and let us know.